“Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!”
We have been taking inquiries from people about things to do in Niagara-on-the-Lake. It’s that time of year when people are starting to get excited about Christmas. Let us help you tailor a gift certificate for a winter getaway or use it for a special occasion any time of year, (no expiry date). Review our top 10 gift ideas and combine that for a special someone on your gift list.
Below is a reminder of up and coming events starting in December.
Rotary Holiday House Tour / Niagara on the Lake Rotary’s 16th Annual Holiday House Tour
Friday, December 5th 2014 (10am – 4pm) and Saturday, December 6th 2014 (10am – 4pm), visit as many locations as you like in a single day, or over both days. Purchase tickets. http://www.niagaraonthelakerotary.ca
Friday, December 5th 2014 6:00 – 9:00 PM A guided stroll winding through the historical town, accompanied by local choirs and seasonal entertainment. http://www.niagaraonthelake.com
|This season’ Santa Claus Parade 2014 Saturday, December 13, 2014, at 11:00 am.
Local artist Angie Strauss designed this years holiday pin. Help support the community with a $2.00 donation, on sale now from local merchants in town.
* * * * * * * * * *
ICEWINE FESTIVAL IS NUMBER 2
This is a great way to enjoy Niagara-on-the-Lake, and take in the winter activities.
The old town of Niagara-on-the-Lake and historical Queen Street is transformed for three weekends in January into an unforgettable winter wonderland as the town comes together to play their part in wine country’s annual celebration of Icewine. Signature Kitchen Chefs will tempt your palate with savoury and sweet Icewine-inspired culinary creations. When it’s time to warm up your toes pop into one of Niagara-on-the-Lake’s Landmark Shops.
Admission to Niagara-on-the-Lake’s Icewine Village is free.
SPARKLE AND ICE GALA
January 16, 2015, 8 pm to 11 pm
The upper floor of the Courthouse
The Icewine Gala transforms the upper floor of the Courthouse from the stage of the Shaw Festival to an exquisite ballroom for an evening of culinary creations and live entertainment. Prepared by Signature Kitchen Chefs, VQA wines paired with an Icewine-inspired menu will tempt your taste buds. The ending of the evening is moved to Queen Street’s Icewine Village, where you will sample icewine in your own personal ice glass. Tickets for the Gala include food, wine, and entertainment, at $95 per person tickets are selling fast, get yours soon.
* * * * * * * * * *
Top 10 Gift Ideas
10. Horse & Carriage / Let us arrange a romantic pickup by Sentineal Carriages, snuggle under a nice warm blanket and take a romantic tour of our historical streets (pick up and drop off at our b&b).
9. Wine Club Membership / Be part of one of the many wineries showcasing their wine every month. Get to the front of the line with new releases.
8. Friends of Fort George / Travel back in history to the War of 1812, tour the fort along the Niagara River.
7. Grapescape Wine Tours / One of NOTL’s most popular tours, easy and economical, they can be booked from our website as a enhancer to your getaway.
6. Cycle and Wine / Another great way to see the vineyards, explore on bike the many wineries, in a group or on your own. Bike on trails along the Niagara River.
5. Tickets to Festivals / Take part in some the many outdoor festivals in and around Niagara-on-the-Lake throughout the year.
4. Music Niagara / Concert performances around the community throughout the year, featuring some of the best music in Jazz, Blues, Classical, and Contemporary.
3. Tickets to the Shaw Theatre / Spring line-up has now been released, starting in May 2015.
2. Icewine Festival / including Sparkle and Icewine Gala / Niagara-on-the-Lake Icewine Village / Flash & Panache: Icewine Cocktail Competition / Icebreakers Comedy Festival
Admission to most of these events are free, (for more details see Niagara-on-the-Lake’s website, use the Niagara- on-the-Lake Events Calendar to search their full event listings.)
1. / When choosing a place to stay, we hope you will allow us to make you comfortable at demi’s place b&b. The whole experience of staying at a bed & breakfast, is the convenience, the comfort and the hospitality. First, take advantage of our convenient location and walk to all the activities in town, second enjoy the comfort of our b&b after a busy day of wine tours shopping and dinner, relax back at our place by the fireplace with a good book and a glass of wine, many guests prefer to relax in the hot tub winter or summer. In the morning we will have fresh ground coffee brewing for you, muffins and scones a selection of locally grown fresh fruit (when in season), yogurt and granola, eggs, omelets and frittatas, are just to name a few of the foods you can expect when staying at our b&b.
If you would like to get in touch with us, we welcome your comments
send us a message, and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
Thanks for Sharing us with your Facebook friends and continue to Like in the New Year.
Ed & Demi